How To Fix Bluestacks Running Slow?
Are Bluestacks sluggish? Is BlueStacks running slowly? You are not by yourself! Hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide are constantly complaining about the same issue. This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to speed up BlueStacks.
How to Make Bluestacks Run More Quickly? BlueStacks Running Slowly Problem
I’ll demonstrate some techniques for resolving the Bluestacks low-performance issue. The settings listed below will make Bluestacks run quicker than previously. So without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Adjust Display Settings in BlueStacks
The first thing you should do is change BlueStacks’ display settings. The performance will be slowed if you use a very high display resolution. If your screen resolution has already been raised, you must reduce the display settings to the suggested values.
Follow the instructions below to experiment around with the display settings:
- Launch BlueStacks and click on the hamburger menu button in the top title bar on the first screen.
- To open the settings window, choose the Settings option in the menu that appears.
- The Display tab will be chosen by default. Select the desired resolution of 1600×900 pixels.
- Select the 160 DPI option in the DPI column.
Now you just have to save the settings and exit. Then relaunch the Bluestack.
2. Optimizing and Fixing Engine Settings
When using BlueStacks to play high-end games on your PC, such as PUBG Mobile and Call of Duty-Mobile, be sure that all system resources are dedicated to BlueStacks.
Don’t you think that’s reasonable? When you’re playing, your screen will go full screen and you’ll probably stop using other apps. As a result, assigning entire system resources to BlueStacks isn’t a bad idea. The latency you’re experiencing will disappear when additional RAM and CPU cores become available for BlueStacks.
The following methods will boost both RAM allocation and CPU cores:
- To access the settings menu, launch BlueStacks and, when the first screen appears, click the hamburger menu symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the title bar.
- To open the Settings options box, select the Settings option. On the left panel of the window, select the Engine option.
- Scroll down to the “Performance” option on the right side. You’ll see a pre-selected choice based on the number of CPU cores you have accessible, which is normally half the number of cores on your machine. The available RAM is also shown. Increase this value to the highest possible.
- Restart BlueStacks after pressing the Save button.
3. Unnecessary third-party software should be removed
In case you didn’t know, certain third-party programs and software frequently continue to function in the background even when you think you’ve closed all open apps. Because third-party software runs in the background, identifying it might be difficult.
There are several cases of Adobe Creative Cloud or Google Crash Handler, for example. Many of these services are memory hogs that may be shut off to clear up space. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Right-click on the taskbar to access the context menu and select Task Manager. Simply click on it.
- To get a thorough look at the Task Manager window, click the More Details option at the bottom of the window.
- By default, the Processes tab will be chosen. All background processes are listed, together with the CPU utilization percentage and memory consumption in megabytes.
- Locate any non-essential third-party software processes and click on each one individually before clicking the End Task button at the bottom of the screen. Make sure you’re just picking services that aren’t necessary.
Only the non-essential services should be shut off. If you’re not sure which service is non-essential, don’t shut it down.
- Type’msconfig’ into the search bar or the search icon on the taskbar. Enter your code.
- Switch to the ‘Services’ tab after the system setup window has opened.
- The option to ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ may be found on the ‘Services’ menu. Choose that option. This will automatically conceal all Microsoft Services operating on your computer and leave a list of all background third-party software services.
- By default, all third-party services are chosen. You can disable all third-party services by using the Disable All button. This will, however, deactivate the graphics and audio services.
- Deselect all other services except the audio and graphics services to avoid your graphics and audio services from being disabled. The graphics are provided by AMD, while the audio is handled by Realtek Semiconductor, as seen in the screenshot.
- Click the Apply button once you’ve deselected all other services except graphics and sound. All third-party applications will be disabled.
This will stop all third-party programs from running on your computer and free up some RAM (memory) for BlueStacks. This will speed up BlueStacks.
4. Disable Antivirus Utility for a While
Please keep in mind that turning off your antivirus software might expose your computer to a variety of hazards, such as malware and spyware. If you’re going to do this, make sure the basic Windows 10 security protections are turned on.
How can I disable the antivirus program?
Before you learn how to turn it off, you must first comprehend why you want to turn it off! In case you didn’t know, hardware-assisted virtualization is used by several antivirus products, such as AVG and Avast. This has a big influence on BlueStacks’ performance. BlueStacks performance will be improved by turning off the functionality or the complete antivirus package.
To disable the option, go to your antivirus program’s main settings window and locate the feature, then uncheck it. If you can’t find that option, the next best solution is to turn off the antivirus software completely for a while. The steps are as follows:
- Locate the antivirus program’s system tray icon and right-click it. Select the deactivate option from the context menu. You can go to the following steps if this option is not accessible.
- Type’msconfig’ into the search icon or the search bar on the Windows taskbar.
- Switch to the ‘Services’ tab and pick the option “Hide all Microsoft Services” after the system setup panel has opened. Only third-party services, such as the antivirus application, will remain.
- Remove the antiviral checkbox and hit the Apply button. This will turn off the antivirus software.
Turn on Windows security if you are using windows 10
Make sure you switch on the Windows 10 built-in security features now that you’ve turned off the antivirus application. Follow the procedures outlined below to do this:
Type viruses & threat prevention into the search bar or the search icon on the taskbar and click enter.
- This will bring up the window for virus and threat prevention.
- Search for the ‘Virus and threat protection settings option.
- You’ll find the link ‘Manage setting’ beneath that choice. Click it to enter the next Window and enable the relevant choices.
5. Try updating your graphic driver
BlueStacks can sometimes lag due to an outdated graphics card driver. As a result, try updating the driver. You may always use a third-party tool like Driver Booster 6 to scan for outdated drivers if you don’t want to manually discover and install the new driver.
The program is available in a free version. The free version will provide you with a list of obsolete drivers. However, your computer’s drivers may not be downloaded automatically.
Nonetheless, you may use the driver’s name to do a fast search on your graphics card vendor’s website for the most recent version of the graphics driver. Once you identify the driver, download and install it.
There’s no reason to believe that Windows 10 upgrades will automatically download and install the most recent drivers. The newest drivers may not be available in the Windows driver repositories. As a result, getting the most recent drivers straight from the vendors is always a smart idea.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Best Emulators and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.