Why do you need the cloud-to-cloud backup?
As time goes by, you might find that the local disk storage cannot meet your demands of data protection, because the local data can be lost due to system failure, disk damage, virus attacks, malware, and other situations that we can’t expect. So, the traditional backup method by free backup software is not the ideal way to protect your data, and cloud storage services are more and more popular among users in the past few years.
So far, there are many cloud services on the market, like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other clouds, and these clouds attract billions of users. If you use them a lot, you might need to perform a cloud-to-cloud backup to protect your data from being lost due to the above threats.
So here comes the question, how do perform cloud-to-cloud backup easily?
The traditional way to do cloud-to-cloud backup
As far as we know, there is no direct way to do a cloud-to-cloud backup. Generally speaking, you have two ways to the backup cloud to cloud:
- The first is you can only download from one cloud, and unzip the folder, then upload to another cloud manually.
- The second way is to use some special tools, like Google Takeout, OneDrive Mover Wizard, etc. This cloud data migration tool is quite complex to set up, and it’s just like manually uploading to the cloud. Meanwhile, all of them can only move files from one cloud to the same cloud platform.
Now, you might find the above two ways cannot meet your needs for more professional cloud data backup. What should you do? Don’t panic, here comes the best free cloud-to-cloud backup solution.
Best free cloud-to-cloud backup service – CBackup
CBackup is a free cloud backup service and provides you with cloud-to-cloud backup and cloud-to-cloud sync features to protect data more professionally than these cloud storage.
With CBackup, you could not only move everything from one cloud to another cloud but also move some files from one cloud to another cloud. It’s easy than any other cloud service.
Besides, you could use it to transfer one cloud to other clouds, even belonging to the different cloud platforms.
And it offers powerful settings for you to back up or sync, like schedule backup/sync at a specific time, daily, weekly, or monthly, making your backup or sync automatically run; Email notification and file filter will save time and effort while performing.
To sum up, CBackup provides more valuable features than the cloud drives, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and others, and its backups up from one cloud to another cloud directly without downloading and re-uploading manually.
Simple Steps to Do Cloud to Cloud Backup
Now, to make it clear for you, here we will show you how to backup a cloud to another cloud (take backup Dropbox to Google Drive for example) easily with CBackup:
- Please download the CBackup desktop app, sign up for a free account and sign in to the desktop app.
- Now tap the My Storage icon on the left menu, then click Add Clouds, choose Dropbox, and hit Add. Then follow the guide to complete the authorization.
Tips: Just repeat step 2 to add Google Drive to CBackup.
- Hit the Backup icon on the left, and choose Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud under the Cloud to Cloud Backup section.
- Select Dropbox in the Source section, and choose Google Drive as the destination.
- Press the Start Backup button to back up Dropbox to Google Drive.
Tips: Before backing up the cloud to another cloud, here you can set it up in Settings on the bottom left.
- The scheduler allows you to perform cloud-to-cloud backup regularly, like on One time only, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, and there is no need to configure every time you want to backup.
- Email Notification can help you perform unattended backup tasks, and you will get an email about the backup result.
- File Filter is capable of including or excluding the file types you want or don’t want to back up, saving time and cloud storage as well.
Now, the cloud-to-cloud backup has been finished easily.
Now, you have mastered how to perform cloud-to-cloud backup easily with the free cloud backup service – CBackup, and it’s quite easy to operate.
Moreover, you could backup computer files, an entire computer, a hard disk, and other devices like external drives to the cloud quickly. And you could combine cloud storage space for free if you meet the insufficient cloud storage on your cloud, and just get it and have a try.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Best Emulators and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.